Astaro Security Linux 3. PLEASE NOTE: The Betas will not contain all of the 3.2 functionality, Betas will be released as they are ready. Watch the individual Beta announcements to see “what's new” in the latest releases. Maybe we will not release Up2Date packages to upgrade your systems between Beta versions, since there may be some fundamental changes to the distribution. Also, Up2Dates from 2.0 to Betas or Finals of Version 3 will NOT be available – but importing configuration backups from 2.0 versions will work for the final 3.200 release (NOT for the Betas).
BETA VERSIONS ARE NOT FOR PRODUCTION USE!
We are very interested in your feedback, thats why we will provide Up2Date packages for this release to fix serious bugs. Please don't expect a reply for every UBB posting, but be sure we read all your reports and comments.
New features/fixes in ASL 3.040 Beta:
- Improved WebAdmin (several bugfixes)
- New logging facilities
- X.509 CA and certificate managment (request, issue, sign, export, import)
(supported formats: PKCS 1 (PEM), DER binary certificate, PKCS 12)
- Full High Availibility (HA) support
- New OpenSSH
- New SNMP
- New MRTG
- HTTP Proxy Usage Report (SARG)
- Dynamic packetfiltering for IPSec roadwarriors
BETA 3.040 doesn't accept backup files from older versions!
Please note the new install procedure: if you need commandline access after installation you can only login via console with 'root:root' – this password will be reset when accessing the first WebAdmin page).
A Up2Date package from 3.030 to 3.040 will be available within the next days.
What's in the works:
- Online Help (please ignore the online help for now, some old texts are still in place)
- QoS interface settings are missing in the new interface handling
- URL category blocker
In the upcoming versions of Astaro Security Linux, our WebAdmin interface uses some more advanced and user-friendly “common controls” for managing data. They should provide a more user-friendly way of adding and modifying data. The goal was to get rid of the multitude of “Add”, “Edit”, “Save” and “Delete” buttons.
Some “old” style pages are remaining in this BETA version.
- MS Internet Explorer 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0 (Windows / MAC)
- Netscape 6.1 and Mozilla 0.9.8+ (Windows / MAC / Linux / Solaris and all others)
Other browsers lack support for certain features which we need to provide a more user friendly interface. Here's a short list:
- Netscape 4.x: can't handle event triggers on tags other than and
- Opera: cannot handle onClick & onDblClick in form widgets, and poor CSS handling
- Konqueror(KDE): cannot handle onClick & onDblClick in form widgets
The Final Beta release has been pushed back to the end of March 2002.
size: 64653618 bytes
size: 197605376 bytes
The original article/video can be found at New BETA out: 3.040