Today we release the 7.504 Up2Date for our Astaro Security Gateway product. This version has a few new features, and adds WebAdmin support for our new product RED. RED (Remote Ethernet Device) acts as a long Ethernet cable to a branch office, requiring no configuration or management. It just “brings” the small remote site directly into the connected ASG as an Interface, which is a totally new way of working with remote locations.
RED is in limited BETA now and will be available soon for all to purchase. You can find out more about Astaro RED here.
More 7.504 details are available by reading on…
This release has a few new features, such as the ability to totally remove (de-proxy) sites from the HTTPS filter using new functionality for exceptions (thus passing them out the packet filter). You can now make exceptions for Web by Category! This is quite powerful when used in combination with the new HTTPS exceptions ability above, such as for not HTTPS inspecting for privacy reasons any sites categorized as Financial/Banking. Also new are the support for hosting of a Proxy PAC file, and another for privacy – the ability to remove some HTTP events completely from logging (and subsequently reporting). Rounding out the new things are an Uplink monitor/action feature and wildcard SMTP routing support. There are also dozens of bugfixes, tweaks, and stability changes.
Size : 177.662.729 bytes
- Configuration will be upgraded
- Your system will be rebooted
- *IMPORTANT* – RED devices will perform a firmware upgrade after first connect
For testers of RED: Your device will perform a firmware upgrade (blinking LEDs) – do not power off the RED unit while upgrading, or you can corrupt the flash!
- Added WebAdmin support for RED devices
- Added Internet connection monitoring
- Added HTTP Proxy PAC file hosting
- Added HTTP Proxy exception options for SSL and logging
- Added option to skip HTTP Proxy checks based on categories
- Added option to configure HTTP Proxy authentication realm
- For the new things in ASG 7.5 you can view the Release Notes here.
Fix : “ICMP Fragmentation needed” packets are not handled correctly when using Multipath
Fix : Cannot log archive to windows share when windows password contains a percent sign (%).
Fix : Classic base licenses no longer allows basic SMTP usage
Fix : Virus pattern updates may conflict with HTTP Proxy
Fix : You must specify a route target (internal server) error message on SMTP profile systems
Fix : Directory listing for FTP folder over HTTP proxy is empty
Fix : Reporting Exceptions missing from AWG and AMG Appliances
Fix : MIME blocking inspects HTTP body not working
Fix : Prefetch of an AD user fails if the mail address is case-sensitive
Fix : IPS logging can cause root partition fillup
Fix : Can't dissolve bridge or remove bridge ports
Fix : PPTP routing is broken if PPTP pool is part of the internal network
Fix : Snort SID link in IPS notifications is invalid
Fix : HTTP Proxy may not recognize new eDir users logging in
Fix : AMG/AWG backup import to ASG not possible
Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your installed Astaro Security Gateway to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the “Watch Up2Date Progress in new window” and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced: Astaro AxG Up2Date
– Astaro US
– Astaro US2
– Astaro Germany
– Astaro Germany2
(All Up2Dates are GNUPG-signed!)
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the AxG V7 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please take care to add always(!) the version you refer to (e.g. “[7.502] Real Time Bandwidth Monitor “).
- If you have feedback to our documentation (Online Help) please send it to email@example.com.
- There is also a demo server to try: http://demo.astaro.com
The original article/video can be found at Up2Date 7.504 Released