Astaro is pleased to announce the availability of the second Astaro Security Linux V6 BETA and invites you to test it!
Please check here the detailed first announcement.
- eDirectory Support (completed now, including group and container support, HTTP profile assignments based on eDirectory groups)
- Reporting not working completely
- IPsec encryption/hash algorithms incomplete
- IPsec Connections – Status viewer
- PPTP/L2TP Roadwarriors using DHCP Server
- eDirectory support not yet completed
- NTLM/LDAP/Radius Authentication for HTTP Proxy
- ASC Config export
- Lots of small fixes in WebAdmin and backend
- (all known issue stuff and a lot more…)
- Redirect for Allowed Networks in Transparent HTTP Proxy
- Removed most of the debugging code
- Policy Routing for local services enabled (needs SNAT)
- Hardware detection – We are highly interested in your feedback about your used hardware!!!
With the provided ISO image there are maybe some limitations (remember: its a BETA 🙂
Please check the Known Issue List (http://docs.astaro.org) before you test ASL V6 BETA! Astaro does not recommend to use ASL V6 BETA in productive environments but for home use.
There is no manual for ASL V6 BETA and the Online Help may still contain some gaps.
It is possible to import configuration backup files from ASL V5.2X and in the end we will support a config import from ASL V6 BETA into the GA version. We will provide Up2Date packages as well as ISO images for ASL V6 BETA. Please update your test installation regularly. The ASL V6 BETA includes a test license with unlimited users and all features activated. There is no need to request a new or special license.
A hardware compatibility list and a Known Issues List for the BETA release are available at: http://docs.astaro.org
Astaro minimum recommendation for V6 BETA installations:
- Intel Pentium III 900 MHz
- 256MB RAM
- 9 GB hard disk drive and above.
Best performance results running on:
- Dual Xeon or Athlon
- 512MB/1GB RAM
- 36 GB SCSI 15krpm hard disk drive and above.
For testing purpose you can also use a VMware Workstation (http://www.vmware.com/products/desktop/ws_features.html).
To our regret we were not able to release any Up2Date due to their size (over 100MB), but we plan a small one within next days.
size: 301MB (301,557,760 Byte)
Astaro FTP server: ftp://ftp2.astaro.de/pub/ASL/v6.0/iso_i386/BETA/
Astaro HTTP server: http://download2.astaro.de/ASL/v6.0/iso_i386/BETA/
(If you are not familiar with BitTorrent, please check out this detailed description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent). Search for “how to burn” on our Knowledge Base if you have trouble to burn a CD from the ISO image.
Feedback, problem reports and comments should be posted on our User Bulletin Board in the “BETA Version / ASL Hackers” forum. Please take care to add always(!) the version you refer to (e.g. “[5.801] problem with POP3 proxy in bridge mode“).
Astaro is trying to build the security solutions that you need. We greatly appreciate your input, comments and suggestions! Thx in advance for your tests!
Astaro R&D team
The original article/video can be found at Next ASL V6 BETA ISO