Version 6.300 includes some highlights: performance improvments for IPS and Anti-Virus of more than 50%, deletion of NTLM credentials and two new SMTP recipient white lists (global or just for Anti-Spam). And it includes of course also many bug fixes – read on to get the details…
SMTP recipient whitelists
There are two new whitelist: one in the spam section to exclude recipients from spam check and a global whitelist to exclude recipients from all checks (even from virus scanning):
Performance improvments for IPS and Anti-Virus
We optimized the search algorithm for IPS engine, with only 10MB of additional RAM usage, the perforce increases by more than 50%. This optimization is only enabled for machines with more than 256 MB RAM. We are also introducing the Astaro Anti-Virus engine for a faster Secure Web and Secure Email.
NTLM credentials deletion
We fixed this long term and displeasing issue, you are now able to disable NTLM, which than will delete the old credentials. This enables you to rejoin again or to a new Active Directory. Please remember to delete the ASG system account on your Domain Controller with the Administrative Tool ”Active Directory Users and Computers„ to also remove all ASG entries in the AD.
- Required previous version is 6.203
- Existing configuration will not be changed
- Middleware will be restarted
- Active IP and VPN connections will be restarted
- Depending on the speed of the CPU the Up2Date installation will take a few minutes
- Added new Astaro Anti-Virus engine with better performance
- Added option to delete NTLM credentials
- Improved performance of IPS scanning
- Improved global whitelists for SMTP Proxy
- Improved spam recipient whitelist for SMTP Proxy
(please refer to the known issue list on http://www.astaro.com/kb)
ID2996 CA-Certificate is not synced to HA slave immediately
ID2997 CA-Certificate is not deleted on the HA slave
ID2999 Overwrite an existing interface by editing another one
ID3095 Active Directory/NT Domain Membership can not be switched off
ID3302 Bind DN and Base DN error messages are inverted
ID3306 Renaming of a network objects was not always reflected in proxy, DoS, NAT settings
ID3386 'Current System QoS Rules' does not show proper information
ID3718 demime entry spams smtp.log
ID3848 Trusted senders does not work for RBL
ID3866 FTP connection tracking helper modules are not loaded in all cases
ID3873 Log Files are blank when viewing via WebAdmin
ID3896 Deletion of logfiles older X days does not work always
ID3904 IPS reports Bad Traffic Same Src/Dst IP
ID3905 Some spoofed packets get dropped but not logged
ID3908 PPTP user may be shown as inactive even it is connected
ID3911 IPS flood BARE BYTE UNICODE ENCODING
ID3930 HA slave looses connection to master
ID3959 Manuals on ASG can not be viewed since sometimes the files are corrupt
ID3966 Duplicate emails sent from SMTP Proxy
All Up2Dates are GNUPG-signed! The Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your installed Astaro Security Linux to the latest version. There are three ways to apply an Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to “System -> Up2Date Service” and start a “Update now” in “System Up2Date. An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date process and the System Administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to “System -> Up2Date Service” and enable “Prefetch Up2dates”. The System Administrator will receive a Notification email after an Up2Date package has been successfully fetched and can install the Up2Date by clicking “[install]” on the now available menu item “Unapplied Up2Dates”. An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation and the System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server:
(MD5sum: d63b6f0a0f5df987647c46f83aaa4295 Size : 62,720,470 bytes)
HTTP: Astaro US – Astaro US2 – Astaro Germany – Astaro Germany2 – Australian Mirror – Austria Mirror – Japanese Mirror
FTP: Astaro US – Astaro US2 – Astaro Germany – Astaro Germany2 – Australian Mirror – Austria Mirror – Japanese Mirror
Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to “System -> Up2Date Service”, start “Import from file” and import the downloaded Up2Date package. After a successful upload click “[install]” on the now available menu item “Unapplied Up2Dates”. An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation and the System Administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully. The manual for ASG V6 is available on our knowledge base. A hardware compatibility list and a Known Issues List for the ASG V6 are available at: knowlegde base
Download ISO image asl-6.300-060630-1.iso
size: 365 MB (382,455,808 Byte)
FTP server: * Germany * Germany 2 * US * US 2 * Australian Mirror * Austria Mirror * Japanese Mirror
HTTP server: * Germany * Germany 2 * US * US 2 * Australian Mirror * Austria Mirror * Japanese Mirror
BitTorrent: * http://download2.astaro.de/ASL/v6.0/iso_i386/asl-6.300-060630-1.iso.torrent
(If you are not familiar with BitTorrent, please check out this detailed description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent). Search for “how to burn” on our Knowledge Base if you have trouble to burn a CD from the ISO image.
Astaro minimum recommendation for V6 installations:
- Intel Pentium II
- 256MB RAM
- 9 GB hard disk drive and above.
Best performance results running on:
- Dual Xeon or Athlon
- 512MB/1GB RAM
- 36 GB SCSI 15krpm hard disk drive and above.
For testing purpose you can also use our Virtual Appliance.
Feedback, problem reports and comments should be posted on our User Bulletin Board in the. Please take care to add always(!) the version you refer to (e.g. “[6.202] missing comma in SIP Proxy online help“).
Your Astaro R&D team
The original article/video can be found at ASG Up2date 6.300 released [Middle]