Astaro would like to clarify that the 5.002 version of Astaro Security Linux, available on Up2Date 5.002, is Release Candidate #3, not the General Availability Release. RC3 will be split in 2 Up2Date packages for technical reasons, this means that 2 Up2Dates will be released today 5.002 and 5.003 and they both belong to RC3. The GA version will follow soon and it will be 5.005. ASL 5.005 includes some kernel updates and require a reboot. It will be availiable as an Up2Date and as an ISO image.
This release candidate fixes a number of problems reported for Release Candidate #2. As with the previous candidate release, 5.002 is suitable for testing, for home use, and for basic production environments. However, corporate customers with large or complex configurations should test the release in their labs before deployment.
Please watch this bulletin board for announcements about the upcoming General Availability Release.
Urgency: HIGH (low, Middle, HIGH)
Size: 25.7MB (26,984,398 bytes)
- Required previous version is 5.001
- Existing configuration will not be changed
- Active IP and VPN connections will be restarted
- MiddleWare will be restarted
- Depending on the CPU speed this Up2Date takes some minutes to install
- WebAdmin logging (packetfilter) now configurable
(please refer to the known issue list on http://docs.astaro.org)
ID958 DHCP client does not work after booting up
ID956 DSL reconnect does not work correctly
ID952 POP3 mail retrieving/deleting with Outlook Express 6
ID932 WebAdmin clock always shows GMT
ID910 HTTP proxy restarts too often
ID875 WebAdmin needs a lot of RAM for large packetfilter rulesets
All Up2Dates are GNUPG-signed! The Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your installed Astaro Security Linux to the latest version. There are three ways to apply an Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to “System -> Up2Date Service” and start a “Update now” in “System Up2Date. An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date process and the System Administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to “System -> Up2Date Service” and enable “Prefetch Up2dates”. The System Administrator will receive a Notification email after an Up2Date package has been succesfully fetched and can install the Up2Date by clicking “[install]” on the now available menu item “Unapplied Up2Dates”. An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation and the System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server:
HTTP: Astaro US – Astaro Germany – Australian Mirror – Austria Mirror – Japanese Mirror
FTP: Astaro US – Astaro Germany – Australian Mirror – Austria Mirror – Japanese Mirror
Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to “System -> Up2Date Service”, start “Import from file” and import the downloaded Up2Date package. After a successful upload click “[install]” on the now available menu item “Unapplied Up2Dates”. An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation and the System Administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
To install Astaro Security Linux, you need the installation ISO image, available on our download page.
Hardware Requirements (Hardware Calculator):
- CPU: PII > 400MHz
- RAM: 128 MB (256 recommended)
- CDROM: IDE or SCSI (see HCL for supported SCSI controller)
- Harddisk: > 5GB IDE or SCSI (see HCL for supported SCSI controller)
- NIC: at least 2 PCI NICs (see HCL for support chipsets)
The original article/video can be found at [High] Up2Date 5.002 – RC3