We are pleased to announce the availability of Astaro Security Linux 2.0! Following major enhancements are part of Astaro Security Linux 2.0:
- SCSI Hard disk support (see the detailed supported Hardware list at asl-hardware.txt)
- Gigabit NIC support
- Road warrior-VPN support via PPTP
- WebAdmin allows to cancel a session opened by another administrator, if urgent Login requirements exist
- The WebAdmin TCP port is now configurable
- WebAdmin support for managing virus infected emails
- WebAdmin support for Portscan Detection options
- Audible alarm to monitor the Startup (5 beeps) or Shutdown (beeps until power off) of headless firewall appliances
- System Up2date Service has been separated from virus pattern Up2date Service, each service has individual options (e.g. check every hour for virus pattern updates, and do system updates manually)
- Backup-files can be emailed automatically in user defined time intervals
- Additional keyboard layouts are supported during installation (US, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Netherland)
- Self-signed SSL certificate generation
- Remote logging via Syslog/SNMP (see syslog howto or snmp howto)
- Proxy ARP support
- IP Aliases can be assigned to Network Interfaces
- Multiport Tulip NICs drivers have been updated
The release schedule for upgrading existing users is as follows:
- Up2Dates for upgrading from 1.8xx will be provided beginning of September.
- Up2Dates for upgrading from 1.952 to Astaro Security Linux 2.0 will be released next week.
- Up2dates for Sun/Cobalt and a new Sun/Cobalt Installation ISO will be available mid September.
- The upgrade to 2.0 is free of charge for all 1.8 customers! Backup will work for 1.8xx (1.9xx) -> 2.0 migration. Please remember to export your IPSec VPN RSA key separately – this key is not included in backup files!
- If you import a 1.8 backup file with user definitions, you have to re-define these user definitions, if you want to use them for PPTP.
- Self-generated SSL certificates are not saved, please recreate it again after installation.
Non-commercial users please note that it will not be possible to activate SMTP virus protection without a valid license key anymore.
We will announce a special virus protection-pricing for non-commercial users this week.
size: 61261104 bytes
size: 155762688 bytes
Thx a lot to all BETA testers!
The original article/video can be found at Astaro Security Linux 2.0