We are pleased to announce the beta5 version of the next major release of Astaro Security Linux.
There are quite a few new features and system improvements included – we would appreciate your test feedback to help us bringing out a rock stable 2.0 soon! Please post your feedback in the therefore specific board at www.astaro.org – thanks.
We found some serious bugs (host to net VPN, NIC carrier errors) in 1.940 (2.0 BETA4), so we have decided to put out another BETA version – this one replaces 1.940 as the last in the 1.9xx beta series. Astaro Security Linux 2.0 BETA5 (1.950) updates the IPSec stack, the tulip NIC driver and the Up2Date process (much fewer messages).
New in Astaro Security Linux 2.0 Beta:
- SCSI Hardisk support
- Gigabit NIC support
- Road warrior-VPNs via PPTP
- WebAdmin allows to kick open sessions
- TCP port of WebAdmin is configurable
- Handling of infected emails via WebAdmin
- Portscan detection configurable via WebAdmin
- Beeps after booting or halting
- Separate virus pattern updates
- Backup-files can be emailed (Attention: unencrypted!)
- Different keyboard layouts
- Selfsigned SSL certificate generation
- Remote Syslog/SNMP (no WebAdmin so far)
- Remote syslogd support
- Proxy ARP
- Alias Interfaces
- Backup emailing
Our Up2Date policy:
Up2Dates for upgrading from 1.8 will be provided for the stable 2.0 and for upgrading from 1.9 beta versions to 2.0 final!
The upgrade to 2.0 is free of charge for all 1.8 customers! Backup will work for 1.8 -> Beta -> 2.0 migration.
Non-commercial users please note that it will not be possible to activate SMTP virus protection without a valid license key anymore – Astaro sublicenses the virus scanner from Kapersky Labs.
We will announce a special virus protection-pricing for non-commercial users with the 2.0 release.
size: 60492858 bytes
size: 154988544 bytes
The original article/video can be found at Astaro Security Linux 2.0 BETA5 (1.950)