A recent report from FortiGuard Labs saw ransomware variants double in total so far compared to 2021, and the year is not over yet.
In a statement from FortiGuard Lab’s Chief Strategist, “Cyber adversaries are advancing their playbooks to thwart defense and scale their criminal affiliate networks. They are using aggressive execution strategies such as extortion or wiping data as well as focusing on reconnaissance tactics pre-attack to ensure better return on threat investment.”
With our recent insights on one-third of organizations getting weekly ransomware attacks and the recent Cisco hack started by a ransomware group, ransomware is not going away anytime soon. Bad actors will continue to utilize ransomware as their strongest method of infiltrating into your organization’s database.
But how can you defend against these types of attacks in the future? In short, new-school security awareness training is the answer. Your organization needs to gain a deeper understanding of goals and tactics used by threat actors and stay up-to-date on the latest attacks. And as the number of threats continue to increase in size, your human firewall can grow in size too.
BetaNews has the full story.
** Optrics Inc. is an Authorized KnowBe4 partner
Free Phishing Security Test
Would your users fall for convincing phishing attacks? Take the first step now and find out before the bad guys do. Plus, see how you stack up against your peers with phishing Industry Benchmarks. The Phish-prone percentage is usually higher than you expect and is great ammo to get budget.
- Immediately start your test for up to 100 users (no need to talk to anyone)
- Select from 20+ languages and customize the phishing test template based on your environment
- Choose the landing page your users see after they click
- Show users which red flags they missed, or a 404 page
- Get a PDF emailed to you in 24 hours with your Phish-prone % and charts to share with management
- See how your organization compares to others in your industry
Find out how affordable new-school security awareness training is for your organization. Get a quote now.
The original article can be found here: