This Up2Date is a hotfix release for the WebSecurity Reporting backend. In some high-traffic environments the reporting database may grow too fast. Along with this WebSecurity Reporting fix three other issues are addressed.
These issues cover possible DynDNS update problems, error handling in eDirectory environments and search options in WebAdmin. Please note that a one-time WebSecurity database cleanup-process will run next night after Up2Date installation which needs 10 to 120 minutes.
- Middleware will be restarted
- Active IP and VPN connections will be restarted
- Existing configuration will not be changed
- This is a hotfix release for WebSecurity Reporting
- Please check also the V7 release notes PDF.
Fix : Search for IP addresses not working with many definitions
Fix : WebSecurity Reporting shows wrong numbers
Fix : DynDNS may not update because of a missing packetfilter rule
Fix : Possible problem when syncing eDirectory users
The Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your installed Astaro Security Linux to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an Up2Date package to the system (All Up2Dates are GNUPG-signed!):
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on then Watch Up2Date Progress in new window and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation and the System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
(MD5sum:dba1cde07f70bce067f148961c2d6a54 Size : 35,119,116 bytes)
HTTP: Astaro US – Astaro US2 – Astaro Germany – Astaro Germany2 – Australian Mirror – Austria Mirror – Japanese Mirror
FTP: Astaro US – Astaro US2 – Astaro Germany – Astaro Germany2 – Australian Mirror – Austria Mirror – Japanese Mirror
If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the ASG V7 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please take care to add always(!) the version you refer to (e.g. “[7.007] all DynDNS problems gone, but one remaining question…”).
There is also a demo server to check ASG V7: http://demo.astaro.com
Your Astaro R&D team
The original article/video can be found at Up2Date 7.007 released [Middle]