Server load balancing can offer substantial value to small-to-medium size businesses (SMBs) through dramatic increases in performance, high-availability and application-level security of the servers and applications running behind them.
Traditionally, load balancers came at a great cost, both at acquisition and through a high Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), allowing only the larger enterprises to be able to take advantage of this technology. The advent of affordable server load balancers that specifically target the SMB market present new opportunities, enabling them to cost-effectively deliver this technology.
By leveraging these new products, SMBs can now have a more reliable web and application infrastructure, more easily and cost-effectively scale servers for growth, and protect web applications from application-level security attacks.
We’ve created this Load Balancing Solutions for SMB webinar specifically tailored to IT professionals charged with the management of web and application infrastructure.
- Overview of server load balancing
- High-availability for servers and applications
- Benefits of offloading and accelerating SSL traffic at the load balancer
- Establishing persistent (sticky) access to transactional server applications
- Benefits of caching and compression in accelerating application delivery
- Types of applications and protocols that benefit from load balanced architecture
Title: Affordable Load Balancing Solutions for SMBs
Date: Thursday, October 23, 2008
Time: 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM EDT