Traditionally, IT operations and IT Security have remained at loggerheads. IT operations team is tasked with the responsibility of carrying out the the day-to-day activities, maintaining the software and hardware inventories, ensuring reliability, optimizing performance, capacity and utilization of the network and a host of other activities. They always need to respond to business requirements at the quickest time possible, keeping in mind business continuity.
IT Security, on the other hand, is tasked with the responsibility of safeguarding the business from evolving, sophisticated cyber-threats and ensuring compliance to regulations. To reduce risks, IT security enforces processes and places controls, which IT operations often find a hindrance.
To achieve the business objectives, synergy between the two is highly essential. The synergy will be easy to achieve, if IT Security complements IT Operations and vice-versa. Keeping this synergy in mind, ManageEngine’s IT Security Solutions have been specifically designed to complement IT operations, network management and desktop management. With a market-leading suite of products in the network monitoring, IT operations and infrastructure management arena, ManageEngine perfectly complements network management and IT operations through its IT security solutions, which cover the entire gamut of network security.
ManageEngine’s IT security solutions are in fact ‘Security Management Solutions for IT Operations’ as they appeal to IT operations and network teams as much as to security teams. Synergy between operations and security mandates that security activities like tracking changes, preventing unauthorized changes, enforcing access controls & security policies, monitoring traffic & events, analyzing logs, detecting vulnerabilities, managing patches and other activities be done without hindering IT operations. ManageEngine perfectly helps achieve this.
ManageEngine IT security solutions help IT Operations in:
- Privileged Password Management – Store, share and manage privileged passwords in a centralized repository. Automate periodic password resets, control access to IT resources, ensure accountability by tracing actions to individuals
- Network Devices Security Management / Network Change & Configuration Management — Manage the configurations of network devices (switches, routers & firewalls) from a central GUI. Track configuration changes, prevent unauthorized changes, automate configuration tasks, ensure compliance to standards, prevent human errors and reduce network outages
- Vulnerability Management & Remediation — Automatically scan enterprise assets, identify vulnerabilities and apply patches
- Security Information and Event Management — Monitor, analyze log data (from firewalls and machine generated logs); get security insights, in-depth and holistic view of overall network activities
- Active Directory Management and Audits — Automate routine AD management and reporting activities; End-user self-service password resets
- Desktop and Mobile Devices Management – Get centralized control on servers and desktops. Automate the entire life-cycle of desktop management; Manage iOS devices
With ManageEngine IT Security Solutions, you can bridge the gap between IT operations and security, enhance productivity, ensure business continuity and stay secure!
ManageEngine IT Security Solutions
You Can Learn More About the ManageEngine Product Line By Going to manageengine.optrics.com
The original article/video can be found at Bridge the gap between IT Operations & IT Security