Even though there has been a huge adoption of virtual environments, the recent Network Instruments "State of the Network Global Study" came out,and shows that three quarters of networks lack the appropriate tools, and visibility.
Here is the original press release on the study.
- 75% of respondents have implemented virtualization
- 75% lacked adequate tools, visibility, or information to troubleshoot problems Economic Impact
- 73% were being asked to do more with fewer resources
- 65% of IT staffs had not experienced layoffs Performance Troubleshooting
- 80% cited identifying the problem source as their primary troubleshooting concern
- 40% identified ensuring application performance as their biggest challenge Unified Communications
- 60% will have implemented video by 2010
- 57% will have implemented unified messaging systems by 2010
With the economy impacting every facet of society, it wasn