It is that time of the year for our IT network administrators to spend sleepless nights, work extra hours to merely keep the network up and running.
What is the cost that companies pay for March madness?
- Cost of employee wages for their non-productive hours
- Cost of streaming bandwidth
- Cost of network downtime and the operational challenges that it poses
- Cost of restoring the network and the extra hours that the IT Administrator gets paid
Ultimately, Enterprises end up spending millions of dollars as a ‘cost function’ instead of a ‘profit function’ and that is despite the fact that there is an IT Department that can avoid it.
How do you avoid wasting millions of dollars?
- Take control – Let not your network act on its own. Take control of it by continuous and vigilant monitoring
- Prioritize – Assign highest priority to your most critical business applications over streaming videos
- Monitor & Measure – The golden ‘M’s for any resource utilization. Networks are meant to help businesses get richer and not poorer. Monitoring is the only way to ensure it
Let not the madness make you go mad! Happy March Madness from ManageEngine NetFlow Analyzer!
The original article/video can be found at 3 Ways to handle March Madness