8.003 provides some fixes for those who will upgrade to ASG V8 from V7, and another set of fixes to address some security advisories in bzip2 and ClamAV.
*Note: Users of a previous, pre-GA “soft-release” of this 8.003 should re-apply this Up2Date to resolve issues with Anti-Spam daemon restarts and importing V7 backups into V8 installations which have HA configured. (See the forums if you need help with this)
* Your system will be rebooted
* Fixed: bzip2 vulnerability (CVE-2010-0405)
ID15395: UTF-8 Characters in IPSec PSK kill MiddleWare
ID14710: installation of customer license failed without a error
ID15480: Astaro: DiskCache::set() dies if key contains wide characters
ID15243: Update ClamAV
Size: 24,270,749 Bytes (24MB)
The ASG V8.000 release notes can be found here.
Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Astaro Security Gateway to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the “Watch Up2Date Progress in new window” and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
Astaro ASG Up2Date Download Mirrors:
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the ASG V8 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using (e.g. “[8.003] Web Application Security Question”).
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to email@example.com.
- There is also a demo server for public use: http://demo.astaro.com
Astaro Product Manager
The original article/video can be found at Up2Date 8.003 Released