Urgency: Middle(low, Middle, HIGH)
Size: 55MB (55,495,150 bytes)
- Required previous version is 5.103
- Existing configuration will not be changed
- !! Firewall will reboot after Up2Date !!
- HTTP content filter option “Spyware Protection” added:
- Detects and blocks spyware before it enters the organization and infects computers
- Intercepts and blocks spyware communication from already infected computers to the internet
- Optionally blocks all suspicious and unknown sites to even protect against spyware originating from websites, which have not been categorized yet
- additionally this option enhances protection against phishing attacks by blocking communication to these fraudulent links
- HTTP proxy (SQUID) security and bug fixes (CAN-2005-0094, CAN-2005-0095, CAN-2005-0096, CAN-2005-0097, CAN-2005-0173, CAN-2005-0174, CAN-2005-0175, CAN-2005-0211, CAN-2005-0241 and some non-critical fixes)
- Redesign of HTTP content filter info/status/error pages
- new linux kernel (incl. new Broadcom bcm57xx driver, support for HP/Compaq DL 360 with RAID Controller SmartArray 6i, H323 conntrack helper fix, RLIMIT poll size exploit fix, and some non-critical fixes)
(please refer to the known issue list on http://docs.astaro.org)
ID1725 Squid Icons for FTP pages do not work
ID1840 Up2Date installation fails if package download is still in progress
ID1925 MaxReceipients for SMTP commections limited to 1
ID1942 Tables in Exceutive Reports are not updating
ID1947 Password with $ in lilo
ID1989 Receipient-Verification does not work on Bounces
ID2024 BATV does not work for capital letters
ID2030 Spelling incompatibility in bandwidth monitoring settings
ID2032 Data table in executive report is one huge line
ID2036 Virus Scaner Test-Restart may take some time
ID2059 ASL sends notification but everything seems to be ok
All Up2Dates are GNUPG-signed! The Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your installed Astaro Security Linux to the latest version. There are three ways to apply an Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to “System -> Up2Date Service” and start a “Update now” in “System Up2Date. An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date process and the System Administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to “System -> Up2Date Service” and enable “Prefetch Up2dates”. The System Administrator will receive a Notification email after an Up2Date package has been succesfully fetched and can install the Up2Date by clicking “[install]” on the now available menu item “Unapplied Up2Dates”. An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation and the System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server:
HTTP: Astaro US – Astaro Germany – Australian Mirror – Austria Mirror – Japanese Mirror
FTP: Astaro US – Astaro Germany – Australian Mirror – Austria Mirror – Japanese Mirror
Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to “System -> Up2Date Service”, start “Import from file” and import the downloaded Up2Date package. After a successful upload click “[install]” on the now available menu item “Unapplied Up2Dates”. An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation and the System Administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
To install Astaro Security Linux, you need the installation ISO image, available on our download page.
- CPU: PII > 400MHz
- RAM: 128 MB (256 recommended)
- CDROM: IDE or SCSI (see HCL for supported SCSI controller)
- Harddisk: > 5GB IDE or SCSI (see HCL for supported SCSI controller)
- NIC: at least 2 PCI NICs (see HCL for support chipsets)
The original article/video can be found at [Middle] Up2Date 5.200