Urgency: HIGH (low, Middle, HIGH)
Size: 6 MB (6383342 bytes)
- Required previous version is 2.027
- Active IP and VPN connections will not be restarted
- Existing configuration will not be changed
- Remote SSH connections will be lost
- WebAdmin will be restarted – connection will be lost during the Up2Date
- This Up2Date package does not upgrade the firewall!
- It offers only the ability to start migration to ASL 3.2 on: System->Up2Date Service
We will publish the required migration files (9 files, in sum 66 MB) on Monday, 26th of August, 10:00 GMT.
We strongly recommend an installation with an Astaro Security Linux 3.2 Installation CD! If this is not possible, please check the hardware compatibility list on docs.astaro.org before starting. Some (rare) hardware supported on ASL 2.0 will not be supported on ASL 3.2.
After starting migration there is no way back! Your configuration will be converted to ASL 3.2, but all reports and logs will be deleted. A migration takes about 5-10 minutes and includes four automatically reboots.
- Include public VPN IPSec RSA key in backup
- Preparation for migration to version 3.2
- OpenSSL vulnerablities (CAN-2002-0656 CAN-2002-0657 CAN-2002-0658)
All Up2Dates are GNUPG-signed! The Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your installed Astaro Security Linux to the latest version. To apply an Up2Date package to the system:
Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to “System -> Up2Date Service” and start a “Update now” in “System Up2Date. An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date process and the System Administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
To install Astaro Security Linux, you need the installation ISO image, available on our download page.
The original article/video can be found at [High] Up2Date 2.028