This Up2Date introduces the new feature link speed setting for Ethernet cards on Astaro Security Gateway Appliances. It also contains fixes for Antispam, memory management for HTTP Proxy and IPSec, and for some smaller issues. Everybody who experienced problems with abnormal memory consumption while using IPsec or the HTTP proxy should install this Up2Date immediately.
- Required previous version is 6.302
- Existing configuration will not be changed
- !! Firewall will reboot after Up2Date !!
- Added support for upcoming Astaro Command Center 1.3
- Added linkspeed settings for ASG appliances
- Improved Up2Date Upstream Proxy functionality
- Fixed CVE-2006-1056, CVE-2006-1242, CVE-2006-2446
(please refer to the known issue list on http://www.astaro.com/kb)
ID3022 SNMP dies regularly and gets restarted by selfmon
ID3443 Squid uses a lot of memory
ID3795 Spamassassin fails while preforking with a syswrite failure
ID3813 Kernel memory leak in IPsec subsystem
ID3923 Clock issues when running as VMware installation
ID3987 WebAdmin settings don't take effect in the backend
ID4159 Connection tracking table in WebAdmin may be cut
ID4241 Outlook/Exchange emails may get high spam scores
Due to problems with certain network equipment (switches, Cable/DSL-modems) using fixed Ethernet link speed we extended the functionality of the new feature “Ethernet link speed” to take care of these devices. This required a reload of the Up2Date. We reverted the PPTP changes in the reloaded Up2Date, because we got feedback that the included PPTP fix works perfect and solves the ID3786-problem but on the other hand that the PPTP fix disturbing PPTP connections through ASG which worked before. We were not able to reproduce a failure and none of our PPTP tests failed but decided to revert it for safety reasons. Next Up2Date will handle this issue.
All Up2Dates are GNUPG-signed! The Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your installed Astaro Security Linux to the latest version. There are three ways to apply an Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to “System -> Up2Date Service” and start a “Update now” in “System Up2Date. An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date process and the System Administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to “System -> Up2Date Service” and enable “Prefetch Up2dates”. The System Administrator will receive a Notification email after an Up2Date package has been successfully fetched and can install the Up2Date by clicking “[install]” on the now available menu item “Unapplied Up2Dates”. An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation and the System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server:
(MD5sum: 9af3a3aa430888b12839ffb206b0bff8 Size : 80,305,979 bytes)
HTTP: Astaro US – Astaro US2 – Astaro Germany – Astaro Germany2 – Australian Mirror – Austria Mirror – Japanese Mirror
FTP: Astaro US – Astaro US2 – Astaro Germany – Astaro Germany2 – Australian Mirror – Austria Mirror – Japanese Mirror
Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to “System -> Up2Date Service”, start “Import from file” and import the downloaded Up2Date package. After a successful upload click “[install]” on the now available menu item “Unapplied Up2Dates”. An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation and the System Administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
To install Astaro Security Gateway, you need the installation ISO image, available on our download page.
The original article/video can be found at ASG Up2date 6.303 released [Middle]