We have started to spread ASG Up2Date 8.308, which finalizes the process for one-touch upgrading to UTM 9 for supported appliances by solving a few issues and polishing the operation across all remaining models. Note that HA/Clustering systems are not yet supported and will unlock at a later date in early 2013. As part of the adjustments, you now need to be at ASG 8.308 to perform the UTM 9 one-touch upgrade, so install this release before attempting, as version 8.306 and 8.307 will not be allowed to upgrade anymore.
Note that if you have already downloaded the one-touch upgrade on your appliance but did not install it, you will need to re-download it so it can use the updated process and bring you to UTM 9.004+ directly. For more information, read on for the rest of the details.
ASG 8.308 Up2Date Details
-Fixed potential issues with UTM V9 Upgrade
-System will be rebooted
-Needs to be installed before UTM V9 Upgrade will be allowed
-UTM V9 Upgrade needs to be downloaded again if it already was
-No bugfixes in this release
Sophos Up2Date technology makes it easy to update your Astaro Security Gateway. There are two ways to apply an already-downloaded Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the “Watch Up2Date Progress in new window” and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
|ASG Up2Date FTP Mirrors:|
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the ASG or UTM features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using (e.g. “[8.307] Configuring IPS for my Network”).
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to email@example.com.
- There are also UTM 9 demo server environments for public use.
The original article/video can be found at ASG 8.308 Up2Date Released