Further to our earlier post (http://www.astaro.com/en-uk/node/20887) about some issues in UTM 9.100, and a soft-release of UTM 9.101 made last week, I'd like to inform you that within the next few hours we will GA release Up2Date 9.101 that stabilizes your UTM 9.100 release and offers several fixes for RED, Wireless, WebAdmin, and more while addressing some performance issues as well. You should apply this Up2Date with priority at your earliest opportunity once it has downloaded and shows up as available for installation in your WebAdmin. Read on for extended details of UTM 9.101.
Some users have reported issues with UTM 9.100, and we'll look to fix many of those with this 9.101 release. There is a thread on our user community forums here which discusses some of the affected areas in depth in addition to the notice posted on this blog on May 23. Whether you are affected by any of the displayed issues or not, you should apply 9.101 for best performance and stability of your UTM installation.
Sophos UTM v. 9.101-12.1
- Bugfix Release
- Fixed: Fixed problems with AD backend groups and SSL VPN
- Fixed: Some stability improvements for SMTP proxy
- Fixed: Some localization corrections
- Changed: Block password guessing feature enabled per default only for WebAdmin/Portal/SSH
- Changed: Increase timeout for RED downloads
- System will be rebooted
- Configuration will be upgraded
- Connected Wifi APs will perform firmware upgrade
- Connected RED devices will perform firmware upgrade
- 25305 IE8: Some object tables remain empty
- 25730 Wifi [AP50] mesh: space in mesh_id leads to a reboot loop
- 25736 RED firmware update fails if upload takes longer than 3 minutes
- 25748 Sending overlay-fw on every Takeover/Restart of the UTM takes too long until all REDs are online again
- 25787 SSL VPN autopacketfilter rules are not set for backend group objects
- 25794 HA: After takeover, several services fail because interfaces are incorrectly marked as offline
- 25868 performance regression in ins_accounting(): Postgres running on 100%
While you do not need to manually download Up2Date packages (they will automatically download and prepare themselves for you to install), for manual application of Up2Dates or for UTM installations without Internet connections, you can retrieve them using the link below.
Up2date Link: coming soon
Up2Date MD5Sum: coming soon
Up2Date Size: ~48MB
*Note that the Up2date package file names now include the source version TO the target version (above is 9.100-16 to 9.101-12).
Up2Date Installation: Sophos Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Sophos UTM to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an already-downloaded Up2Date package to the system:
Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the “Watch Up2Date Progress in new window” and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
Sophos UTM Up2Date FTP Mirrors:
If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the UTM V9 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using to help us (and everyone helping you). e.g. “[9.101] Configuring RED & Wireless with UTM in Amazon Cloud”.
If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are free to use our new demo server environment without hassle, nags, or registration. Enjoy!
The original article/video can be found at 9.101 Up2Date Released (Today)