ASTARO SECURITY LINUX 2.0 BETA – Announcement – June 25, 2001
We are pleased to announce the beta version of the next major release of Astaro Security Linux. There are quite a few new features and system improvements included – we would appreciate your test feedback to help us bringing out a rock stable 2.0 soon! Please post your feedback in the therefore specific board at www.astaro.org – thanks.
New in Astaro Security Linux 2.0 Beta:
- SCSI Hardisk support
- Road warrior-VPNs via PPTP
- WebAdmin allows to kick open sessions
- TCP port of WebAdmin is configurable
- Handling of infected emails via WebAdmin
- Portscan detection configurable via WebAdmin
- Beeps after booting or halting
- Separate virus pattern updates
- Backup-files can be emailed (Attention: unencrypted!)
- Different keyboard layouts
- Selfsigned SSL certificate generation
- Remote Syslog/SNMP (no WebAdmin so far)
Up2Dates for upgrading from 1.8 will be provided for the stable 2.0, not the beta version. The upgrade to 2.0 is free of charge for all 1.8 customers! Backup will work for 1.8 -> Beta -> 2.0 migration.
Non-commercial users please note that it will not be possible to activate SMTP virus protection without a valid license key anymore – Astaro sublicenses the virus scanner from Kapersky Labs. We will announce a special virus protection-pricing for non-commercial users with the 2.0 release.
size: 55112692 bytes
size: 147515392 bytes
The original article/video can be found at 2.0 Beta testers wanted!